Adding the Muslin

Standard

 

 

IMG_6002

It probably was not necessary to cover this slip seat with muslin but I wanted to get used to working with it. So, for this project I bought one yard. I did not need that much but wanted to make sure I had enough.

As with the batting yesterday, I put the seat in the middle of the fabric, pulled with my palm and all fingertips (no pulling with just your thumb and index finger) and started stapling.

IMG_6003

I started stapling in the middle of each side and built on that.

IMG_6005

I saved my corners for last. At this point I was not real sure what I was doing so I improvised. I tucked the fabric under on either side of the corner . . . .

IMG_6004

pulled it taunt in the middle and stapled in the center of the corner. Then I added a staple or two on either side of my first staple.

IMG_6007

As you can see, I went a little crazy with the stapling. I wanted to make sure the muslin was secure – plus I was just having fun using the staple gun! Once I was done with the stapling, I cut off the excess material.

IMG_6009

Here is what it looked like after I turned it over.

Tomorrow, adding the canvas.

Advertisements

2 responses »

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s