I showed y’all the Dresser from the Hood I found and converted into a useable piece of furniture again. It was done when I showed it to y’all, mostly anyway.
When I found it it had three wheels left to it and two of the wheels didn’t really fit in their holes anymore.
During my trip to Relics Flea Market I noticed one of the booths sold old furniture wheels or casters (apparently that is their real name). I went back a few weeks ago and with the booth owner’s help I picked out four new casters and sockets, brought them home and promptly put them in a bucket in my craft room where they have sat.
I was afraid of how the project would go. Trouble is, that dresser stares at me every day when I walk in the door. So, since I got a new drill for Christmas, I figured I would get to work on making the dresser road worthy.
I started with widening and deepening the holes that were already there.
I then put the sockets in the holes. This required some “tapping” with the hammer.
After that, I put the castors in the sockets and tapped those into place with the mallet.
Times that by four and the Dresser from the Hood was ready to ROLL!
I am so happy that I finally got the gumption to finish this project. The dresser sits up a little bit higher now and the old castors look good with the old handles.